Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Few Chicken pictures

I took a few pictures of the birds this past Easter Sunday and since they came out okay I figured I'd share them here.


Out in the back yard in the still not cut grass having a snack.  I've been asked if I free range my chickens, which yes I do.  They are much happier being out in the yard instead of locked up in pens.  Plus they help keep the ticks under control so I don't need to worry about getting attacked by creepy crawlers when I go outside to do farm work.


And (below) my silver laced rooster, standing pretty in the wind.  He's in the area right in front of the coop where the chickens have already eaten all of the grass this spring.  One other advantage to free ranging, they keep some of the grass cut for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment